If you agree to proctor an exam, you must meet the following criteria:
With the exam, you will be given
written instructions. The examination consists of five parts; Managed Care
Overview, Healthcare Economics, Healthcare Management, Patient Issues, and
Scenarios, which are to test mastery over the AAMCN’s standardized curriculum in
The examination will be graded using
an answer template, so be sure to have the candidate clearly indicate their responses to the 150
multiple choice questions on the official answer sheet. This is the only sheet
that will be graded and the candidate must score 70% or better to pass. However,
the candidate may write or make notes in the question booklet. BOTH the question
booklet and the answer sheet must be returned to the proctor.
The examination is designed with only ONE response being correct for each question. If the candidate leaves a question blank it will be deemed that they did not know the answer and will count against the candidate. If you make more than ONE choice, the question will not be marked incorrect and will count against the candidate.
The examination has been designed so
that the candidate does not feel rushed during the examination period. We allow
no more than 4 hours for the candidate to complete the exam.
Examination scores are confidential.
A pass/fail notification will be forwarded to the candidates within eight weeks
from the receipt of the examination at ABMCN by US Mail.
Below is a list of items you will need to monitor and provide verification:
Please have each candidate:
1. Show you his/her photo ID.
2. Verify that they are not carrying a phone, pager, palm pilot or other electronic information device, or any written information.
3. Sign in on the sign in sheet.
The Examination Instructions:
1. Pass out the sealed examination envelope to the correct candidate. Ask the candidate to make any name or address changes to the envelope label. The address on the label is where the results of the exam and other information will be sent.
2. Read the instructions given to the candidate(s).
1. Each envelope will contain the examination and answer sheet.
2. There is no excuse for cheating. Should such an incident occur, the candidate is to be excused from the room, and their exam score will be zero. There will be no refund of any fees, nor will they be permitted to take the exam again.
3. Any questions raised during exam time should be answered with “There is only one correct answer. Please choose it as best you can.”
After the Examination:
1. Please ask each candidate to return the examination booklet and answer sheet to his/her envelope.
2. Please collect from each candidate the envelope, and verify that the examination booklet and answer sheet, are inside.
3. Have candidate sign out.
4. Please make copies of the answer sheets for each candidate and keep in a secured file. This is a safety measure in case FedEx were to lose the package. You will be contacted when the package has been received and can then destroy the answer sheets.
5. Then sign below and FedEx the envelopes (with exam booklets, and answer sheets), the sign in sheet, and this sheet – back to us using the provided FedEx slip.
The American Board of Managed Care Nursing appreciates your assistance.
Please click here to download a PDF of the proctor form.